I studied English and Spanish at University, with a particular focus on literature and film. After graduating, I directed several short films, learning many crucial lessons from my mistakes – most importantly, perhaps, that I wanted to be a Cinematographer. So I joined the camera department and spent 7 years working as an AC, DIT and then as a Focus Puller. I specialised in digital technology as it began to take over from film and for some years I ran workshops for VMI Hire on the Red One, and then the Epic. I gained invaluable experience working on some of the biggest commercials that were being made at the time. I also worked on numerous feature films, music videos and documentaries which took me to locations such as Guinea, Senegal and Qatar. Finally, I made the jump and started calling myself a Director of Photography.
Interests include the outdoors, climbing, literature, photography and modern art.
- Pop Pop Bang! – Creative Review Photo Annual 2013
- Pop Pop Bang! – Vimeo Staff Pick
- Dust to Dust – Creative Review Photo Annual 2012
- Dust to Dust – 82nd Pitti Immagine Uomo Festival in Florence
- Una – BUG 32 at the Barbican, London
- Black Out – Jury Award @ Aljazeera International Documentary Film Festival
- Black Out – Best Medium Length Documentary @ CinemAmbiente in Italy